Re: Metcard handheld scanners

In article <35CB93BE.AACECBFA@translib.com.au>,
Translib Pty. Ltd. <enquiry@translib.com.au> wrote:

>How does barrier gates in Sydney handle group tickets, if group ticket
>is available?  A separate gate dedicated to this ticket?  Bypass gate?

 Same as Bicycles and stuff - you go to the human at the gate and show
them the ticket, they wave you through.
 Some times they even look at the ticket :-)

 AFC doesnt reduce staff, but just means the staff that are there can
check more closely what they are doing..

 We even have the 'Revinue Protection Officers' hit barrier equiped
stations, they watch for the orange 'conession light and ask to see
the persons concession card...