Re: VFT Announcement

David Bromage wrote in message <6qe8j9$s3o$1@news.mel.aone.net.au>...
>I don't see why such a system would be a bad thing? Amtrak has a loyalty
>system similar to frequent flyer. Why shouldn't regular users be rewarded?

Well, not much reason really... but these schemes are hardly meant to be
just a nice thing to do.  They wouldn't bother with them if it wasn't to
encourage greater loyalty than they might get otherwise.  I'm sure they're
not cheap to run... forget the rewards... the administration alone would
cost a fair bit.

I agree with Roy... not that it's bad, just that it is a bit sad that it's
come to this for rail... but when you consider that it will be competing
more directly with air traffic, there isn't much choice.

--
Robs the Wollongong Quokka
http://profiles.yahoo.com/Wollongong_Quokka/