METCARD - DIVISION of REVENUE

If the multiple nations of Europe (with their centuries of feuding) can
agree over the division of revenue from the sale of "Eurail" and like
tickets, surely the potential operators of the different bits of the
Melbourne PT system can come to some amicable agreement?

(I am presuming that you can board a train in Europe without a reservation,
so they have no way of knowing where you got on or off. THEY don't have
validators! Certainly, in Nippon, where I have just been, you can buy a pass
for all of JR and they don't know how much you used JR East, JR West, JR
buses or whatever.)

In any case, how WILL they know in Melbourne where you got off?!!

BTW, I am NOT a supporter of privatisation. I'm just bemused by the
goings-on down there in "Mexico City"!

Ron BEST