Re: 4001 & 42106 Status

maftoum@science.canberra.edu.au (Karl MAFTOUM) writes:

>: I'm not sure what the status of 42106 is.

 A mess :-)

>Oh ok, I wasn't aware that 7921 and 7006 were operational, are they  every operated  for the public? Also how stripped is FP1?

 7921 has spent a a fare bit of time sitting in the display hall getting
dusty. I dont think its actually run for a while now.
 I see 7006 shunt occasionaly. The perway group ( of which I work with every
now and then ) have a special relationship with 7006. It loves to straighten
tracks. Including those meant to be curved :-)
 There probably isn't a set of points in the yard that 7006 hasnt wreaked at
some point. (The long fixed wheel base is unforgiving of wonky track
geometry.)

--
Matthew Geier,                 | Australian Public Access Network Association
matthew@sleeper.apana.org.au   | +61 2 9587 9773