Re: Train driving with the SGR.

David A. (David_Arblaster@nospam.dse.vic.gov.au) wrote:
>Sounds like great fun !  Is this an activity that the SGR is offering
>to the public or just for qualified train drivers ?  How much does it
>cost ?  I've not seen it advertised before, but then its a while since
>I've been down there.

It's available to the public. Check out the most excellent Web site at
http://sgr.railpage.org.au/

After the diesel experience day you can then go on to drive steam. It was
featured onGreat Escapes (7 Network) a few weeks ago. Note these courses
are driver experience courses only under supervision. They do not qualify
you to drive.

Cheers
David