Re: RTM News Update

I was at Thirlmere on Sunday and looked through the available tour
brochures. I think those who run RTM mainline tours really need their
heads examined. It is foolish to run two tours to the north west in the
same year. Having run 5910 to Armidale in June, the same loco is visiting
Moree in October. This has saturated the market and it is unlikely that
any more steam will visit the Werris Creek division for at least 2 years.
It would have been better to hold over the north west safari until a long
weekend (June or October) in 1998 and run to Armidale again in 1999. You
never know what locomotives might be available by then.

Cheers
David (hoping to see a 38 at West Tamworth before too long)