Re: AN sale and the Port Lincoln div.

telljb@ozemail.com.au (Terry Burton) writes:

> nldoncas@cobweb.com.au (Nic Doncaster) wrote:
>
> >I beleive all of the operations Tell, the Track mmm a good one. Seeing as
though
> >it is not conected to anything else who knows.
>
> >Mind, it would be nice to run a private train there.
>
> >Nic
>
> Hi Nic
>
> The reason I posed that query on District Councils is simply
> that everybody else over there, the grain growers, the shop
> keepers, the garages that fix tractors, the ordinary people who
> live there, all pay rates, through the good and the bad seasons.
> Somebody might ask, why not a Private rail operator.
>
> I would be down there like a shot if there was a chance that
> "Passengers" could buy a ride with the new owners.
>
> BTW .....did AN leave any Brake Vans over there.?
>
> Cheers
>
> ----Tell
> Alice Springs NT

Last Time I was over, the only van left was a CGN that was used on the Accident
Train ex Thevenard.One CGN went to Quorn (so at least one is preserved) and a
8300 (ENVA) joined it as well. I don't know if the Thev CGN got the chop.

Before  AN canned guards, it was easy to ride in the vans.

And if you get the chane, its a real adventure

Nic