Re: Iandian Pacific

jtas wrote:

> Today Thursday 4th September, what appeared to be a double length I/P was
> in Sydney. Two complete 1st Class section were marshalled, part in plat 3
> and the rest of the train in plat 1.
> Plat 3 departure was scheduled for 1410? and the rest at normal time.
>
> The strange thing, according to the board at the entrance to plat 1 was
> fact that car 'Q', a holiday class car was marshalled within the 1st class
> section of the train.
>
> These were my observtions today, anyone have any further enlightenment.
>
> Also at aprox 1105 today, both TVMs for the SLR at central were not
> working. There was a seller standing near one selling tickets out
> of the machine while there was another working on the second machine.
>
> Regards John

The westbound IP was in Adelaide Friday evening 5th Sept - it was a
long train - well off the southern end of platform 1 from what I could
see through the parked carriages from the passing railcar.

The power from Sydney was 2 CLP which ran around the train within the
passenger terminal - they were returning to Dry Creek on the
passenger main.

--
Neil Waller	(nwaller@denr.sa.gov.au)
Department of Environment and Natural Resources, South Australia

Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed are personal and
not
those of DENR or the South Australian Government.