Re: Status of Garratts

Nic Doncaster wrote:

> redracer@pip.com.au (DC) writes:
> > Neil Paku <neil@mcs.vuw.ac.nz> wrote:
> >
> > >-- Hi all,
> > >     can anyone tell me what the current operational/preservation status of
> > >Garratt type engines in Austrailia ?
> > >Cheers,
> > >     Neil.
> > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >neil@mcs.vuw.ac.nz
> > >http://www.mcs.vuw.ac.nz/~neil
> > >--------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Isn't there also a Garrett in the Port Dock Museum in Adelaide???
> >
> > One of the France-Belge 400's the multigauge 4-8-2-2-8-4 of the SAR.

Number 409.
There is another 400 class Garratt (402) at Zig Zag Railway, Lithgow.
Standard gauge 60 class No 6029 is at the ARHS Museum, Canberra.
2'6" gauge G class No 42 is at Puffing Billy, almost operational.

Were any ASG's preserved in WA?

Cheers,

Peter

--
This is not an opinion of the Pichi Richi Railway,
just the personal comments of the author, who is the Treasurer.