BHP 80 class

After not turning a wheel for a week 8015 and 8039 were started Wednesday
(27/8) afternoon (and produced huge clouds of grey smoke). I don't know
what they did since then, but they have left BHP and are now at Port Kembla
Loco. I don't know yet if they will return to BHP, but I had heard there
was some union discontent over the fact that the 80s were to be maintained
by SRA (or FreightCorp, whatever) and there would be less work for BHP loco
shop and job cuts could result. I will post any new developments.
Regards,

Chris Stratton
stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au

Any opinions are all my own work.