Re: Trains, Promises and NT Elections (dont forget johnie O's Election)

pcc@ocean.com.au (Leslie Brown) wrote:

[snip]

>Sorry Tell, but I think the Alice would be better off as a prime
>tourist destination, rather than a 10 minute crew-change (:-)

>Les Brown.

Hi Les

I will be honest and say right now that I have mixed feelings
about this Alice to Darwin line.
BUT the cost of constructing a high speed line from Melbourne to
Darwin would not only be astronomical, the freight rates will
have to be likewise for the Investors to get their money back.

The same sort of philosophy applies to both lines, ie. once you
build the line, the freight will follow and the line will pay.

How was that old song again ....... It aint necessarily so.!

Cheers

----Tell
Alice Springs NT