Re: Re:ALCO BASHING

CHESTER <chester@chariot.net.au> wrote in article
<01bcb2f6$564395a0$48ed1ecb@chester>...

> Nic Doncaster <nldoncas@cobweb.com.au> wrote in article .
> > The NT's have gone down in Hx as a maligned engine, yet they performed
> all their
> > duties well. in their final days, it was only through an apparent lack
of

> > maintenance/familiarity that they disgraced themselves.
> >
> > Regardless of my prefence for power, the keys are good design and
> thorough
> > servicing, whether steamer or diesel powered. Miss on one of these, and
> forget
> > it!
> >
> Would any one know if any of the last NTs in service at Port Lincoln,
were
> panted in A.N. colour or retained their old C.R/A.N.R before withdrawal?
>
> David Chester

I photographed an NT at Port Lincoln in April 1985 painted in AN green and
yellow. I don't know if it was in service at the time. I would have to find
the slide to see what number it was if you are interested.
--
:  Chris Stratton, Information Systems Analyst
:  Information Services

Any opinions are all my own work.