Re: Some good news.

mccallum@melbpc.org.au (John McCallum) wrote:
>In article <34A4AF39.8382D977@ozemail.com.au>, trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
>Double stacking?
>>
>That was going to be my reaction, except for one problem: Loading Gauge
>restrictions in NSW.
>Of course, they might be considering running double stacks from Perth to
>Melbourne via Broken Hill, But that does not make sense.
>But then, what does in some railways?
>John McCallum

Hmmmmmm, NRC run Brisbane and Sydney trains via
Melbourne and the very restrictive Adelaide Hills.
The head of NRC is on record as saying, Melbourne will
become the "centre" of National Rail operations.
And here we are thinking that the "New National Rail
Network" is the way of the future for Australia.

Pssst! Pssst! ....dont let the Truckies know that the
shortest way to the West from Bris and Syd is via
Melbourne and Adelaide though.!  ;-0

----Tell
Alice Springs NT