Re: Freightcorp 80s (Re: 81s back up the coast)

On 22 Dec 1997 13:31:53 GMT, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

 On Friday morning (19/12) I saw 8050-8042-8032 with a 40+
>wagon grain train waiting time at Willow Tree.

G'day.

A serious question - were the 80s on the rear or on the front.   If on
the rear, they would have been the Liverpool banking engines.  I doubt
if Werris Creek would be too keen on letting them loose into Port
Waratah (although certainy the 442s made it down there a few times
when they were nomially restricted to working beyond Werris Creek), as
other banking engines would ned to be provided.   The Creek, from
emory, has five working 80s - three for the bank and two as spare or
to allow for servicing, etc.   Another alternative could be, if the
Creek was desperate for motive power - relay working, the 80s coming
off at Willow Tree and swapping with 81s off a down empty.   Possible?

Pete.