Re: WCR triple header

David A. wrote:
> Hi,
> what's the RT doing at warnambool ?  I remember about a decade ago
> seeing an RT there being used as a pass pilot, amongst other things.

It's there for some crew training.

> The RT would assist with placing D vans onto passenger trains before
> the train loco dropped on.  Why the loco couldn't do this I don't know
> but it certainly sped things up.

Any shunting is generally done between trains 8217/8246, using the loco
off 8217.

> Last time I was there (last summer) there was no RT present at all,
> although I suppose it's possible it was out at denington.  The T is
> reserved for WCR pass pilot duties I suppose ?

T369 hasn't been at WMB for some months.  I don't think it's been there
since the transfer of J536 from Colac to Ballarat.  When it is there,
it's generally only a standby unit, as shunting is done by the loco's as
above.

Cheers,
Craig.
--