Re: Melbourne Ticketing.

In article <349EDC90.7557@translib.com.au> Iming Chan <chani@translib.com.au> writes:

   As far as the ticketing is concerned, one ticket will be accepted by the
   four operators (two each for trains and trams).  I believe the OneLink
   system will allocate the revenue among the operators, but I don't know
   exactly how the computers will do it (ie. some sort of formula, etc.?).

Since you will valid your ticket every time you board a vehicle, the
formula should be fairly trivial...

Of course, the chances of anyone validating a ticket on a peak hour
tram, particularly evening peak hour, is so close to zero as to make
no difference. This may make the fare allocation more a hand-waving
exercise than an exact science.

Certainly for trams I expect that the percentage of tickets validated
in any of the peak times (morning, lunch-hour in the CBD, evening) to
be negligible. And of course these times account for the bulk of all
tram journeys. Unless they ensure a high profile for "Revenue
Protection Officers" at these times - and then you night as well
call them conductors, and let them sell tickets. :-)

crn

--
Clive Newall <crn@bby.com.au> / Broker Services Australia Ltd Melb Australia
"I think Casper is the ghost of Richie Rich. I wonder how Richie died?"