Re: Melbourne Ticketing.

Ashley Wright wrote:

> Hi I was just wondering how the ticketing system in Melbourne now
> works, with the split of the MET trains and trams.
>
> Can you still buy a ticket that is accepted on all four systems and
> the buses?
>
> Also has the number 19 tram be changed over to on board ticketing, or
> is it still conductors? (Ie can you buy a day ticket on board or at a
> agent?)
>
>   Thanks

Hi Ashley,

As far as the ticketing is concerned, one ticket will be accepted by the
four operators (two each for trains and trams).  I believe the OneLink
system will allocate the revenue among the operators, but I don't know
exactly how the computers will do it (ie. some sort of formula, etc.?).

Cheers,

I.C.

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group