Re: MET (Melb) ticket ripoff

Mick Stock wrote:

> Yesterday, I had to travel into town for about 4 hours during the middle
> of the day.  Normally I'd be able to get an off-peak ticket, but the local
> station (East Ringwood) was unattended.  The ticket machines there are
> still(!) not in operation, so I went across the road to the local
> newsagent to get a ticket.  I asked for an off-peak ticket, but was told
> that the MET refuses to supply them with off-peak tickets! So I had to pay
> several $$'s more for a ticket type that I didn't need.
>
> I don't know about you, but this to me is an outright case of
> discrimination (not to mention a total rip-off).  Why should I have to buy
> an all-day ticket when I only need an off-peak ticket, simply because the
> local station is unmanned?  Any money that if I had travelled without a
> ticket & inspectors had shown up, I would have been fined for fare evasion
> even though I couldn't get the ticket I wanted....
>
> Can ANYONE at the MET explain this ripoff??????
> Can ANYONE at the MET tell me if I'm entitled to a refund for the
> difference in ticket prices? (I bet not!)
>
> Mick.
>
> p.s. I wasn't the only one at the time - there were several others trying
> to get off-peak tickets as well!
>
> p.p.s. Could someone at the MET either forward a copy of this to the
> appropriate section, or advise me of an appropriate email address (I'm
> not going to waste my time sitting on hold while trying to phone the
> customer service number).

Mick,

If you have access to the Internet, try P.T.C.'s Customer feedback
webpage, at:

http://www.met.vic.gov.au/feedbk.htm

As far as I know, there is no refund available for the ticket you have
purchased.  From memory, they only refund periodic tickets, such as
weekly, monthly and yearly.  Then again, they may treat your case
differently?

Finally, about email address at P.T.C.  I personally feel P.T.C. is a
little behind, when compared to other government departments and
agencies.  With some exceptions, I am not aware of personal email
facility available to P.T.C. staff at their place of work.

Good luck!

Iming

Translib Pty. Ltd.                                 A.C.N. 077 950 513
712 Glenferrie Road                        Telephone: +61 3 9815 1233
Hawthorn  VIC  3122                        Facsimile: +61 3 9815 1299
Australia                              Email: enquiry@translib.com.au
                                 Internet: http://www.translib.com.au
Books and Media            Information Service             Stationery
Approved CCT Library Supplier for Purchasing Victoria and MAPS Group