Re: MET (Melb) ticket ripoff

Unfortunately I was in a similar situation in 1993 - couldn't get a day
ticket of the Action driver at Canberra Station - had to pay a fare to the
city where I was able to get an all day ticket to go to the Sports Centre
and back via Belconnon.
Regards
john
--
(Remove the letter K before replying,
otherwise your reply will bounce!)

Peter Parker <parkerp@pcug.org.au> wrote in article
<349828a7.0@newshost.pcug.org.au>...
: Mick Stock <mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au> wrote:
:
: Melbourne is not unique.  Here in Canberra I've had similar problems with

: newsagents not stocking the full range of tickets available (again the
: off-peak day ticket).
:
:  I've given up, and pay extra by using a normal ten-ride ticket that
: newsagents do stock (And we have no free transfers here, so we pay double

: or triple for trips that require two or three buses).
:
: Of course we should be able to purchase all day tickets from the driver -

: prepaid tickets should only be available for times of more than one day -

: this may happen (at last!) next year.
:
: --
: __________________________________________________________
: Peter Parker
:
: E-mail: parkerp@pcug.org.au
: Amateur Radio: VK1PK
:
: Home Page: http://www.pcug.org.au/~parkerp/
: The home of Novice Notes Online, the Australian QRP Home
: Page and the STWG Web Site.
:
:
: