Re: MET (Melb) ticket ripoff

Mick Stock <mzs@eastwood.apana.org.au> wrote:

>Yesterday, I had to travel into town for about 4 hours during the middle
>of the day.  Normally I'd be able to get an off-peak ticket, but the local
>station (East Ringwood) was unattended.  The ticket machines there are
>still(!) not in operation, so I went across the road to the local
>newsagent to get a ticket.  I asked for an off-peak ticket, but was told
>that the MET refuses to supply them with off-peak tickets! So I had to pay
>several $$'s more for a ticket type that I didn't need.

Melbourne is not unique.  Here in Canberra I've had similar problems with
newsagents not stocking the full range of tickets available (again the
off-peak day ticket).

 I've given up, and pay extra by using a normal ten-ride ticket that
newsagents do stock (And we have no free transfers here, so we pay double
or triple for trips that require two or three buses).

Of course we should be able to purchase all day tickets from the driver -
prepaid tickets should only be available for times of more than one day -
this may happen (at last!) next year.

Peter Parker

E-mail: parkerp@pcug.org.au
Amateur Radio: VK1PK

Home Page: http://www.pcug.org.au/~parkerp/
The home of Novice Notes Online, the Australian QRP Home
Page and the STWG Web Site.