Re: NR's have Bells!?

 The NR Class loco has an air operated bell fitted just behind the main
res tanks on the co-drivers side.

  This was agreed too by both NR Management, Drivers Cab Committee, and
the PTU. The main purpose for this is for use while shunting or around
shunting yards, whilst the loco is moving.

 As far as I know the NR is the only equiped with this feature on the
Standard guage network.

Rgds

Graham D Baker,
Driver NR Sydney.