Re: V/Line loco on Epping line?

<c.gordon@ugrad.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> >But there is something to do with which loco's are allowed to pull Comeng
> >Trains.  They require a converter between the two different types of
coupling.
> >I don't think that T, P, Y and other locos like this are allowed to
putt comeng
> >trains (or sprinters)  with the converter.

AKAIK, any loco with an auto coupler can push/pull a Comeng, as the
converters, which are stored on the Comengs themselves are designed to
drop over an auto coupler.  There would be no buffer problems, there are
no buffers.

> Perhaps someone in V/Line or the PTC can answer the question above, But I
> cannot see any reason why any loco could not use the converter couplings.
> It would be interesting seeing a Tait train trying to push/pull a Comeng or
> Sprinter.

Unfortunately the converters require an auto couplers & since taits do
not, there may be problems :-)  Unless of course you used the taits
emergency coupler & then the comengs emergency coupler, but I think safety
sam might beat me over the head for that one!!

--
Stuart Thyer  Suzuki Gs1000s
Photographer  University of Melbourne