Re: Broken Hill services

Bob (gioia@fastlink.com.au) wrote:
>David Bromage wrote:
>
>> A useful addition would be to dig an FAM out of storage and attach it
>> WL31 and WL34.
>
>Only problem with the FAM is that we have none left.

What about FAM2384? It sometimes runs around with the AK cars.

SRA, or at least CityRail, has a history of leasing preserved cars when
required. CityRail was leasing cars from RTM for use on the Southern line
for a while, and leasing CPH railmotors for Hunter Valley services.

>a similar note, I understand that all the RDH buffet cars bar one were
>sold. The one kept is used on the Griffith/Broken Hill train.

I thought they had two. Check out a pic of WL31 at
http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/diesel/8104_WL31_Redfern_6-8-96.jpg

Cheers
David