Re: [Fwd: BRISBANE LIGHT RAIL / TRAMS]

In article <348d3598.4230917@news.bigpond.com>,
billbolton@REMOVE-TO-EMAILacslink.net.au (Bill Bolton) writes:

>However, it if the name of the game in Brisbane is simply to fit the
>new system into congested street locations with minimal clearances in
>a mixed street traffic environment, it seems to me that much of the
>benefit that should arise from a modern light rail system will be
>frittered away.

But what makes Brisbane so different from all the other
cities worldwide that run trams in narrow streets?

Are these streets that have no public transport? No trucks?
Or are we falling prey to the usual argument about trams, that
they will not today fit into streets on which they successfully ran
for fifty years?