S88 + odd V set

Last thursday whilst out west I saw S88 which had 2 tulloch trailers in it,
I could remember a couple of folks on this group talking about their braking
ability. Has anyone here driven s88? Also, when standing on the platform at
Mt. Druitt, there was an announcement for a train to Wyong via Eastwood and
I muttered a few words then a bloke told me that it goes out before
Strathfield, and I remembered a link up. It stopped at Blacktown, Seven
Hills then Parramatta, dunno after that. How long has this train been
running? It was a 2 car v set which was actually clean.