Re: Re: [NSW] More Complaints on CityRail Southern Highlands

On Tue, 29 May 2001 15:30:06 +1000, "David Bennetts"
<davibenn@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>In my response I talked about large population increases between Bargo and
>Macarthur, recently I visited Thirlmere and was amazed at the number of new
>houses there.  The Southern Highlands hasn't increased dramatically in
>population, but the places on the way sure have, and the 2- car trains have
>troubling coping with this influx.  I never said that the Illawarra (or
>Central Coast for that matter) didn't deserve the improvement in train
>services.

Your trains will all be extended soon.   CityRail will be getting more
high capacity railcars for Newcastle suburban working, and the
Endeavours should cascade to the Southern Highlands.   All they need
to do now is fix the alignments (bypass Picton?)

David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
These comments are made in a private