Re: Marinus van Onselen at the ATA confrence (long) [was Re: Victorian Rail Summit.]

The first thing he announced to the media after FA(F-Vic at the time) took
over was FA will work WITH TRUCKS.(Sorry, I will throw away my cap lock) .
not against it.

He said he will make truck companies cooperate with trains so that freight
can be delivery on time as well as getting extra business for both side.
(possibly door to door delivery was what he meant)

Cheers
James

> pg 40 Truck & Bus Transportation, June 2001
>
> 'Rail: no major threat'
>
> The ability of Australian rail companies to compete effectively with road
> transport on non-bulk commodity markets will always be severly limited,
> according to the cheif executive of Freight Australia, marinus Van
Onselen.