Re: Brisbane Busway

JJJim wrote:

> A bus weighs about 10 tonne empty up to 15 max wen full.
>
> Light rail carriages are about the same or slightly more each ,im pretty sure.

Many light rail vehicles (aka articulated trams) weigh much more than
this. Melbourne's two-section B2 class trams weigh 34 tonnes empty. The
5-section Combino trams on order weigh 34t as well, and the smaller
three-section ones about 24t.  I haven't seen a tare for the 3-section
Citadis trams also on order but they will probably weigh between 24t and
34t as they are longer than the three-section Combinos.

But trams carry many more people more efficiently and smoothly than
buses.