Re: City Circle 'W' s back in service.

"William Pearce" <ben_issacs@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3b135740$0$25509$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3b135740$0$25509$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
>     Fellow Travellers,
>     Thanks for the comments about mag. track brakes, I know that they have
> been around for a long time, but I'm still interested in finding out if
> anyone else has had experience of their actual use in traffic and any
> effects that they have had on passengers. Surely, someone here in Melb.
has
> been on a Z, an A or a B when these brakes have been used!

I've been on a B2 that has had a collision with a taxi (tram was coming out
of Bourke St Mall on Elizabeth St). There wasn't much, just what seemed like
a smooth but heavy braking, so not sure if Mag brakes were used there..

On Swanston St you get drivers coming down from Melb Uni to Victoria St
locking their brakes, this is more a violent jolt. Many people get thrown
forward but not too serious, its usually at the last moment when they
realise that they won't be able to stop in time...

cheers
Johann