Re: Conversion of a VR "J" class to standard gauge.

"> I was amazed and very pleased to read in RD, that a VR "J" class steam
loco is
> to be converted from broad to standard gauge.

In about 2-3 years time, this would be the only loco can run on 1/2 of the
state.

>Now that most of Victoria is to be
> converted to standard gauge, will the remaining broad gauge in SA also be
> converted to standard gauge?

SA hardly ever invest on railway, a simple less then 2 km extension on
Tonsley line to Flinders University and Grange line extension to Wesfield
shopping center , even simpler job like extension tram line from Victoria
square to Adelaide station takes forever to do let along Victor Habor line.
Not all the vintage rolling stocks can convert o SG. If Victor Habor line
ever going to get access from Adelaide it would be much better to use BG to
reconnect so that Trans Adelaide can operate suburban services to
Bridgewater, Adelaide Hill etc. But it's SA we talking about here,
you more likely to see Obahn

Cheers
James