Re: [melb] Announcement heard at Box Hill

"Jeremy Lunn" <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote

> The otherday when I was at Richmond they were disabled.  I assume that
> they were having the same problems?

They still were today, 27/5.

Interesting to note announcements during trackwork.  They were quite good at
Tooronga on the push-button announcements, however no "auto" announcements
were broadcast in either direction prior to the trains arrival.

South Yarra's messages today were a joke.  Platform 4's push-button
announces three or so trains, then announces the next three trains off
platform 3 as "departing now".  Just when you think it is about to finish,
it restarts and announces platform 2's trains, then says no trains run off
platform 5!  No mention of Sandringham trackwork on this message, however
there was on platform 2 tacked onto the end of a Pakenham announcement
(departing off platform 4).