Unbelievable! (NSW)

Place: Miranda Station
Date: 22/05/01
Time: 2255 (10:55PM)

Announcement from station PA:

"<tones> CityRail advises that the last trains have left the station. The
station is now closed",

Free spoken announcement by Chubb/CityRail Guard

"<rustling microphone> All the trains to Cronulla have gone mate, that was
the last one. The guy in the blue shirt, please make your way to the station
entrance"

As the guy repeats this announcement the 2312 (12 past 11PM) to Cronulla
turns up (late).

I walked around to the ticket office to ask if the trains have really
finished and noticed the Chubb guard in there with a woman in CityRail garb,
and they were fighting over control of the microphone.

Bloody UNBELIEVEABLE, as it was very late and cold and raining and I was
unaware that in their fair employment drive, CityRail had started recruiting
children!

I'm sure 131500 would have known how to deal with that, NOT.

Make of it what you will gunzels, commuters and SRA advocates, but in my
book it's not on, cruel and childish, and gives me ammunition for efficiency
comments on the suburban CityRail system. I just wish more people than one
other had of witnessed this mockery.

The guy in the blue shirt wasn't me BTW.

Ivan