> > Place: Miranda Station
> > Date: 22/05/01
> > Time: 2255 (10:55PM)
> >
> > Announcement from station PA:
> >
> > "<tones> CityRail advises that the last trains have left the station.
The
> > station is now closed",
> >
> > Free spoken announcement by Chubb/CityRail Guard
> >

> The CityRail Guard would have in fact been on the last trains that had
> departed. Do you mean the "CityRail Customer Service Attendant" by any
> chance?

No. He had a Chubb/CityRail blue and white jacket on with the Chubb name on
it and "CityRail Security" on the back. He was the type you see on the
trains and definately not a "Service Attendant".

The female was the "service attendant", correctly attired, with the Station
Master knowhere in sight.

This is why I was so upset about this - it seems to me to be very out of
order, unprofessional and not in line with SRA customer policy.

The bloke in the blue shirt, may have been a SRA employee they were having a
joke with, but I was in clear view on the station monitors/cameras and the
Chubb person actually spoke to me as I was walking up the ramp to the
platform which means he had no regard for the travelling public or is just
an ameture or both.

I'm amazed this sort of thing can happen.

Ivan