Re: Rail crossing to close for work

"B." wrote:

> "David Bromage" <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in message
> 3B0B463F.9218257B@fang.omni.com.au">news:3B0B463F.9218257B@fang.omni.com.au...
>
> > Huge disruptions to traffic flows in the city [Orange] have been
> > predicted during the closure of the Byng Street railway level crossing
> > in August. Rail Services Australia has written to Orange City Council
> > informing of a six day closure from August 8.
>
> Six days?
>
> What are they doing?
>
> Gold Plating the rail by hand?
>
> --
> B.
>
> Email - b at four12 dot net
> ICQ#  - eight two three two nine seven three four
> Phone - long, short, long, long.

When they were working on the Brook Street level crossing in Muswellbrook a
few years ago (and shortly after this, they did the New England Highway
level crossing at the Northern end of Scone), the Brook Street crossing was
closed for about eight days...and all they seemed to do was tear up the road
a little, to lay down a small metal approach to the crossing...and in the
middle of the line. I would think that it could be done in something like 2
or 3 days...but obviously, it needed 8 days.