Re: [melb] Announcement heard at Box Hill

In article <1WMO6.72652$ff.558499@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Daniel Bowen wrote:
> On Tuesday morning at Glenhuntly there was an automated announcement saying
> that the 9:13 to the city was running late and was expected in 15 minutes.
> The green button agreed.
>
> The train turned up about 3 minutes later.

That's surprising, I've waited ages at Glen Huntly due to cancelled
trains and everything.  I have to go to Glen Huntly for a VET (like
TAFE) course that I'm doing for school.

Earlier this year when I was getting a train at Glen Huntly the FSS
train got to platform 1 on time but there must have been some ill
passenger because it waited for about half an hour and then when it
finally left I noticed there was an ambulance.  But there was some
pretty confusing announcements in the meantime, such as saying to go to
platform 2 for the next FSS train.

Speaking of Glen Huntly, is there any reason why Frankston trains in the
day are stopping at platform 3 instead of 2?  I didn't notice a truck on
the track so are they doing something with the overheads?

--
Jeremy Lunn
ICQ: 19255837