Re: Federal Budget- Nothing for the Nation's Railways!

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
<3B0B3715.4FB079B1@fang.omni.com.au>...

>    Mr Anderson said reforms in Western Australia, South Australia
> and Victoria had led to federally funded projects that resulted in
> improved transit times and reliability and boosted rail's market
> share.
<snip>

Isn't the NSW Rail Infrastructure Corporation also the most expensive
open-access track owner in Australia, charging train operators something
like 85 cents per tonne-kilometre, more than double the rest of the
national rail network, while having the worst alignments and track quality?

No wonder Bob Carr and the NSW ALP mafia don't want to turn over any
railway control to the Feds!

Is the RIC Annual Report online? I'd like to see how much the RIC invested
in new alignments and maintenace, and what dividend it paid to the State
Consolidated Fund.

Regards
BT