Re: Virtual Reality Train site

"tony bailey" <mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au> wrote in message
3b0aedf9$1_5@news01.one.net.au">news:3b0aedf9$1_5@news01.one.net.au...
> "Marc Hunt" <tcpkl@po.jaring.my> wrote in message
> 9edrcf$r6u$1@news4.jaring.my">news:9edrcf$r6u$1@news4.jaring.my...
> > Most fines consist of $500 and 7 days community service doing, guess
what
> ?
> > Removing chewing gum and any other rubbish. That's why Singapore is so
> > clean.
> >

> Try having a look at Orchard Road early on Sunday morning and you will
find
> that Sinaporeans are no better than anyone else if they think that they
can
> get away with it - the place is a real mess from all of the Takeaways
> consumed on Saturday night - especially noticeable being the containers
from
> the "Golden Arches Chew & Spew."
>

> --
> Tony Bailey
> Mercury World Travel
> Mercury Travel Books
> mercuryworldtvl@one.net.au

You are 100% right, I was amazed how much mess there was, including broken
bottles on a Sunday morning.  Maybe the police have the night off as well.
Orchard Road was exceptionally busy Saturday evening, didn't seem anywhere
near as congested weekdays.

Not only in Singapore, but the urban systems in Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok
were also remarkably clean.
Vandalism seemed almost non-existent, the question is whether their harsh
punishment deters vandals or do their societies have a more positive
attitude to life, rather than enjoy being being mindless morons?  It's
obvious that whatever our legal system does in an attempt to rehabilitate
wrongdoers, it doesn't achieve very much except to result in a very
satisfactory outcome for the legal profession.

Regards

David Bennetts