Re: Why RAIL 2000 went down the drain!

david@spambait.proctor.net (Dave Proctor) wrote in
<rclkgt0n3l46katp9974rpqt7kbits84b6@4ax.com>:

>On Tue, 22 May 2001 04:51:50 GMT, John Coyle <nospam@newsranger.com>
>wrote:
>
>>Over the years, I wrote to RAIL 2000, suggesting that they urge that
>>the "Overland" be operated as a DAYLIGHT train in both directions, but
>>I was ignored. I also pointed out that if the group expanded it's focus
>>to include URBAN public transport, they would draw more members and
>>office assistants, etc. Freight trains are just not part of the
>>concerns of MOST people, but urban transport IS of vital concern to
>>MANY people. Take a look at APT in NSW and the PTUA in Victoria. They
>>are alive and well, whilst RAIL 2000 has gone "down the drain", due to
>>a total lack of understanding about HOW to avoid that situation. This
>>is all too bad, as the people who formed and operated the group are
>>OTHERWISE, inteligent, "sharp", well meaning people. They held major
>>conferences, and had the CEO's of rail systems address their meetings.
>>The loss of a good PT lobby group has left SA people without an
>>effective means of gaining better PT services. Whether, rail, or road.
>>A sad fact.
>
>NOT to MENTION the FACT that THE Herald-SUN in MELBOURNE won't PUBLISH
>details OF the GHAN in ITS rag.

OR Freightcorp WONT let anyone RUN any WOODEN PASSENGER cars on it's COAL
TRAINS between the LOCO and FULLY LOADED wagons!

NKOTY nomination anyone?

--
To email me, just remove ".spam" or else your reply gets directed to the
bit bucket.

Never engage in an intellectual argument with an idiot.
They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience --
(Unknown)