Re: Federal Budget- Nothing for the Nation's Railways!

111 million withdrawn from spending on improving  interstate mainline track
in NSW. Supposedly given to ARTC

11.6 million apparently for projects outside NSW - not sure what

The ridiculous high speed rail feasibility study

The inevitable Alice-Darwin thing (They must regard that as genuine rail
spending - and even that is only 41 million this year)

20 million withdrawn from Brisbane Light Rail

The Maunsell Report suggested hundreds and hundreds adn hundreds of millions
required for Mel-Syd-Bne just for light works (signalling, loop extensions
and track) with few realignments

Look at Queensland on the other hand, the sums spent between Brisbane and
Cairns without a cent from Commonwealth

Richy C

Stupid voters all I can say"Grahame Ferguson"
3b0a3c26@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au">news:3b0a3c26@nap-ns1.netconnect.net.au...