Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

"Jeremy Lunn" <spammers-will-die@austux.net> wrote in message
slrn9gh6c4.td.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net">news:slrn9gh6c4.td.spammers-will-die@amalthea.dark.net...
> In article <3b085d29$0$25484$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
> Mark Pearson wrote:
> > Last weekend it was just my wife & I, so we caught the bus in. And then,
> > being the tram nut I am, caught the tram to Essendon and cabbed it from
> > there. Much better..
>
> If you were going to do it part of the way by cab then probably the best
> thing to do would be to get the train to Jacana (the station ebfore
> Broadmeadows) then it would be straight onto the Western Ring Road and
> then the Tullamarine Fwy and you'd be there in minutes.

Jacana does not have a taxi rank, you'd have to book one. From memory,
Broadmeadows does have a rank. I think Essendon does too.

If you time it right (I'll avoid plugging my page again!) the bus from
Essendon gets to the airport in about 25 minutes.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen@custard.REMOVE.net.au