Re: [Melb] Airport Heavy Rail Connection Needed!

On Sun, 20 May 2001 12:31:25 +1000, "Derick Wuen"
<cullend@webone.com.au> wrote:

>In times of taxi "oversupply" in Sydney it is sometimes possible to do a
>fixed price deal with the driver, albeit with some risk.

We do this all the time in Katoomba, quite legally (and despite our TC
plates, we are on the same tariff as Sydney cabs).

If someone is travelling as far as Woodford, we run the meter - from
Linden on, we have a set rate, which some drivers have been known to
negotiate on (Springwood is normally $67 on rate 2, I have been known
to take $45 on a very VERY quiet night).

Sydney Airport is normally $184, but myself and the other two drivers
of my cab have agreed to do it for $150 for one regular contributor to
this newsgroup who not infrequently travels by cab from a place in the
Blue Mountains to the airport.

Dave