Re: Train travel question

On Sat, 19 May 2001 21:43:46 +0100, "Jason" <jasonp@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>> Greyhound - what a joke.  The operator here went bust, and their buses
>> were breaking down all over the place, because they weren't being
>> maintained. Who wants to be jammed up in a bus all/day or night, unable
>> to move around, unable to get a tea or coffee when you want it.  Even
>
>But they've now been bought by McCaffertys. I've caught a lot of
>Greyhound buses over the last few of years. They're not perfect, but I
>can't remember waiting more than 30 mins for one and that was extremely
>rare.
>
>The bus is also generally quicker. It has a video and people don't
>usually bring their children. So you don't have them running around
>screaming and having water fights.

LOL. I used to work for Greyhound (and Deluxe, and Bus Australia, and
Sunliner, and TransCity, and Ansett Pioneer) in reservations, and took
great advantage of the free travel that was available. No way I would
pay to ride them though, unless there was no alternative.

>> Countrylink has decent legroom and rudimentary refreshment facilities.
>
>I'll agree the food was quite good. Certainly better than your average
>road house.

And some of them are very average, Goulburn ViennaWorld being a case
in point.

Dave