Re: Train travel question

In article <3B0781DB.6EFA27F6@ihug.com.au>, "Gobbledok"
<chippies@ihug.com.au> wrote:

> (ie train breakdown, train derailment, trackwork). However, I have been
> on the Murwillumbah North Coast XPT many times...and only once was it
> ever on time, at Maitland Railway Station...most of the time, it was
> running something like
> 20 to 30 minutes late...once an hour late.

Yes, thinking about it it was the Muwillumbah train that was late twice,
because I was going Coffs to Byron and then Byron to Brisbane, though of
course you have to get off the train at the state border and get on a bus
anyway.

I'm currently think about my next trip, which is likely to be in
Queensland, and I'm seriously thinking about hiring a car. There will be
two of us, so it won't be that expensive for a long term, one way rental.
And of course you've got much more freedom to go where you want.

There were several places I would have liked to have spent a couple of
days in during my NSW trip, but the train line doesn't go near them.

Jason

--
http://www.scuba-addict.co.uk/ for the UK viz database and trip reports
about Australia, the Caribbean, Spain, the Maldives, Bali and the UK