Re: What has become of the 4D?

James C. wrote:

> > MELBOURNE, Feb 18 AAP - Melbourne private transport operator Bayside
> > Trains has confirmed that its only double deck train was operating
> > today.
>
> 4D is own by Connex isn't it?

I am glad to see that even people in Melbourne who follow these things
closely have as much difficulty as I do over here keeping up with the
latest name of these transport companies.

I had caught up with Bayside and Hillside but I'm still not sure what
they or Swanston and Yarra are now called, nor frankly do I care much,
but it sure seems very confusing and I can't really understand why the
name changes, except as a branding exercise designed to enrich some PR
companies.

Maybe when the contracts expire they will bring back the Met, which was
very simple, or maybe even the MMTB and VR which were equally simple to
follow.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand