Re: What has become of the 4D?

> I had caught up with Bayside and Hillside but I'm still not sure what
> they or Swanston and Yarra are now called, nor frankly do I care much,
> but it sure seems very confusing and I can't really understand why the
> name changes, except as a branding exercise designed to enrich some PR
> companies.

Yarra tram=Yarra tram
Swanston tram=M>Tram
Bayside trains=M>train
Hillside trains=Connex
V/line=V/line

Others are Great Southern Railways, West Coast Railways and Hoys rail and
road services.
V/line Freight=Freight Australia
And there's ASR as well privatised from AN.
GNR is very much a new company rather then privatisation from government
department, same goes to RTS.

Cheers
James