RE: TRAINEE SIGNALLERS

Actually Tom, why limit yourself to being a signaller. Why not become a
signal
design engineer. You'll still cop crap from the drivers but at least you'll
get paid shitloads more money than a signaller (or driver), still have a
social life, still play signaller before you hand your pride and joy over to
the real signallers and you only work night shift during commissionings (if
you draw the short straw).