Re: [Vic] $2m study of public transport options

It was my understanding that Smart Bus was an initiative of the State
Government to trial a frequent bus system along arterial routes and that
Springvale Road and Blackburn Road would be the test cases for it. If
successful it could then be implemented on other arterial routes to provide
a more comprehensive trunk public transport system along the shortest, most
logical routes.

After completion of the Scoresby Freeway it was my understanding that less
traffic lanes would be available to traffic on Springvale Rd and an
exclusive bus lane would operate with priority at intersections.

"Johann Fan" <jyf@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
3af7edf2$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3af7edf2$0$25513$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...

> <Chris Brown> wrote in message
> 3af7d68b.10795625@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3af7d68b.10795625@news.alphalink.com.au...

> Huntingdale?
> > >>
> > >Yes, but also more expensive to put the railway u/ground from Glen
> Waverley
> > >to somewhere near Jell's Park... Also, you will have to fight the
NIMBYs
> =(
> >
> > The proposal to extend the Glen Waverley line to Rowville involved a
> > tunnel (approx.2km long) from Glen Waverley, running east, emerging
> > near the end of Shepherd Rd (north of Jells Park).
>
> So they *would* have fitted it in the middle of the golf course?? ok...
now
> there's an obstacle to play through/over/around! <g!>
>
> > I seriously doubt that that Glen Waverley option would be more
> > expensive than the Huntingdale option, as that latter would involve
> > numerous tunnels/bridges where various roads intersect with Wellington
> > Rd, not to mention that there isn't really enough space between Monash
> > Uni and AFL park.
>
> True. If only they left space instead of duplicating the road past
Jackson's