Re: [Vic] $2m study of public transport options

<Chris Brown> wrote in message
3af7d68b.10795625@news.alphalink.com.au">news:3af7d68b.10795625@news.alphalink.com.au...
> On Tue, 8 May 2001 20:41:11 +1000, "Johann Fan" <jyf@optusnet.com.au>
> wrote:
>
> >> It's it quicker to get to Rowville from Glen Waverley  then
Huntingdale?

> >Yes, but also more expensive to put the railway u/ground from Glen
Waverley
> >to somewhere near Jell's Park... Also, you will have to fight the NIMBYs
=(

> The proposal to extend the Glen Waverley line to Rowville involved a
> tunnel (approx.2km long) from Glen Waverley, running east, emerging
> near the end of Shepherd Rd (north of Jells Park).

So they *would* have fitted it in the middle of the golf course?? ok... now
there's an obstacle to play through/over/around! <g!>

> I seriously doubt that that Glen Waverley option would be more
> expensive than the Huntingdale option, as that latter would involve
> numerous tunnels/bridges where various roads intersect with Wellington
> Rd, not to mention that there isn't really enough space between Monash
> Uni and AFL park.

True. If only they left space instead of duplicating the road past Jackson's
Rd a few years back as well.

 I don't think that either one will get built in the next 20 years... just
like the light rail to Knox and the smartbus project (it was originally
slated for 2000, with buses fitted with and still using GPS and roadworks to
remove 1/2 width bus bays in Blackburn/Springvale Rds, then it was early
2001, now its just another study)... thats going backwards...

cheers
Johann