Re: [QLD] Airport train, QROTI, Park Road, and interchange times :)

"Steven McIntyre" <stev@uq.net.au> wrote in message

>   From what I can determine, single track does exist between Mitchelton
> and Ferny Grove with Oxford Park (2 platforms), Keperra and Grovely (1
> platform) and Ferny Grove (2 platforms).  Shortly I'll travel up to
> Ferny Grove so I can see it.  If anyone here actually can verify this
> please respond or email me (thanks).

Hi,

I've noticed this thread and I can confirm the following:

All track is at least double except for:

Ferny Grove:  Mitchelton <-> Keperra <-> Ferny Grove (2 platforms at FG)

Oxford Park is an island platform but has only one tracked platform face.

Shorncliffe:  Sandgate <-> Shorncliffe (1 platform at Shorncliffe + storage
for 2 MUs)

Sunshine Coast:  North of Caboolture, a crossing loop at each Station except
Cooroy (that one is about 2 min north, called "Sunrise")

Airport:  Airport Junction <-> International (then double to Domestic)

Doomben:  Eagle Junction <-> Ascot <-> Doomben

Ipswich/Rosewood:  Nil

Beenleigh:  South of Ormeau, a crossing loop at each Station. (2 pl at
Robina)

Cleveland:  Manly <-> Lota <-> Thorneside <-> Wellington Point <-> Cleveland
(2 pl at Clev)

The reason that Cleveland is a line on its own was due to relatively
atrocious on time running (due to the knock on effect of arriving at
crossing loops late).

>        the 7:08am Doomben service from Park Road is now 7:09am.
>        every other service from Park Road had the time correct as far
>        as I could tell.

Nice bit of QA there (-:

That service is a little quirky as it claims to catch up that lost minute
between South Bank and South Brisbane.  QROTI tends to smooth out such
anomalies, making them a little earlier if anything.

>         Been   Clev   Ipsw   F G    Cabl   Shor   G C
>   Been         24/54  22/52  T      20/50  5      4
>   Clev  24     -      7      20     5      20     5
>   Ipsw  8      23/53  -      20     T      20     27
>   F G   T      22/52  6      -      17     2      24
>   Cabl  4      21/51  T      1/31   -      26/56  24
>   Shor  19     6      20     16/46  26/56  -      8
>   G C   T      6      12     T      10     25     -

Note though that for your fr Cb to FG and fr FG to Sh times, you can usually
forget rushing between pl 1/2 (FG) to pl 3/4 (others) in the 1/2 minutes
allotted.  (-:

A little known feature of the TVM is that it will account for a 2/3 minute
interchange time and line up the services appropriately.

Brendan