Re: Open and Closed goods/frieght yard

"Roy Hinkley" <rhinkley@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3af8c6e9$0$25502$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:3af8c6e9$0$25502$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> > Flemmington: still there, hardly used if ever.
>
> Can somebody confirm what appears to be a complete disconnection of all
> sidings at Flemington Markets from the main lines?

Yep. It has been done. I'd be nice if they fixed the track there for the
freight trains....

And also WHY is there a newish looking signal leading into that section from
a dead end?? Was it still double track when they resignaled it?? I thought
they changed it to single track about 12 years ago and the signal looks
newer than that.

--
Paul Jones
http://pj_rail.tripod.com